Simple Technology Solutions Inc. An 8(a) HubZone Digital Government Consultancy
Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any process related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems. Provides second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in resolution process. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Must possess experience in one or more systems and architectures and associated Hardware: mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Educational requirements: Associates Degree (in Arts or Science) or higher
- 5 to 15 years’ experience with Linux Operating Systems (Windows OS experience is desired in addition to Linux)
- Nagios Experience
- Work with Nagios IT infrastructure monitoring
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of customer IT Systems.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and processes.
- Support day to day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for any issues that arise with administered systems.
- Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provide technical expertise to perform Systems Administration for Windows OS.
- Operations of all components-hardware, and software in an MS Windows/AD architecture and VM environment (MS and some VMware)
- Provide Tier 3 level support in resolution of Windows OS Problems.
- Maintain storage allocation, backup, recovery and replication procedures.
- Support systems platform migration
- Maintain database system integrity and security
- Administration and support of Storage Area Networks (SANs) such as Hitachi, NetAPP, EMC, and IBM as required.
- Tracking of vendor maintenance and support agreements to ensure coverage.
- Provisioning of user-ids for all production and database servers.
- Participating in application design reviews.
- Implementing and production support for database technology enhancements.
- Creating and maintain of standard operating procedures for production and DR data base platforms as directed.
- Support Windows MS SQL Server databases and their structures and SQL Database Performance monitoring, and performance tuning is a plus.
Simple Technology Solutions is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Simple Technology Solutions promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.keepitsts.com/career-application/ →